MSD is an Ethiopian based local charity organization which is operating its development programs in 41 towns of Amhara , Benishangul , Oromiya, SPNN & Tigray regions and two sub cities of Addis Ababa (Lideta & Akaki Kality).
The thematic intervention programs of MSD are Health, Education, Livelihood, Child & Youth, Migration & Human trafficking, and Good Governance & Human right.
As part of its health program, MSD is involving on the national effort for the prevention of the Corona-COVID19 pandemic and in the care for infected patients in Amhara and Addis Ababa.
Accordingly, the following supports were provided for government sectors, community members and volunteers participating on the COVID19 responding.
- MSD is working as a member of the Amhara region & Bahir Dar City administration COVID-19 pandemic prevention task force which is established by the government at various levels;
- 25,410 examination latex hand gloves were distributed to COVID19 service providing health facilities and to 1000 youth volunteers involved in community hand-wash campaign
- 2500 informational posters on COVID19 prevention were printed & distributed to community
- Established community based hand wash campaign points in three selected COVID-19 pandemic hot spot areas; Hand wash points were also established at all DIC & project areas including MSD’s offices
- Intensive Community mobilization & awareness raising activities are being conducted using mobile loud speakers
- Provided electricity dividers for COVID19 Isolation centers in Bahir Dar;
- 4 project vehicles fully served for COVID-19 prevention activities as demanded by the local governments;
- COVID-19 outbreak prevention materials such as 110 liters of alcohol, 2200crystal & 230 Ltr of liquid soaps, 50 Ltr of chlorine solutions,300 bottles of hand sanitizers, 200 tissue papers, 5000 face masks have been provided for youth volunteers and health facilities
- MSD granted in cash contribution ETB. 50,000.00 (Br . fifty thousand only) to the regional COVID-19 outbreak prevention task force;